Genesis 13:14 ~ The Lord said “Lift up your eyes from where you are and look north, south, east and west. All that you see I will give to you and your offspring.”
Lift up your eyes from where you are!
When life is not perfect, how often do we get tunnel vision and only see what is right before us?
• We see only the challenges of the moment.
• We see only our difficult situation.
• We see only a hum drum life with no future.
• We see only our personal failures.
When we don’t take this word God gave to Abram and apply it to our lives what do we miss?
• We see only the challenges of the moment, NOT the refining work God is doing in us for future victories.
• We see only our difficult situation NOT those around us that need more than we need and miss the opportunity to fill that need.
• We see only a hum drum life with no future, NOT the gifts of the moment that God is gracing us with so that we can use them to His glory and be given others in the future.
• We see only our personal failures, NOT God showing us a better way to victory.
God’s word to Abram here reminded me that I need to always be looking up. Proverbs 3:5-6 tells us to trust in the Lord in all our ways and acknowledge Him.
I’ve shared in the past that the word acknowledge means we must always be seeking His face, acknowledging His presence in our lives.
I love how God’s word here reminds me once again to look up and see what God wants me to see and to see His promises for a future.
Father God, You see me. You know my name. Help me to see You in everything I do, in every situation I am in, in every challenge and in every victory. I want to see You. I want to know You. Thank You for the gift of Your word that gives me insight to who You are and all that it means to me and my life. Thank You for the gift of the cross so that I can have intimate fellowship with You! I’m looking up Lord. Keep my eyes on You. It is in the name of the one that went to the cross that I pray; Your son, Jesus Christ. Amen.